"Omnia Uno Unus Omnibus"

Do you like this site?
(Open until 9/29/2014 9:35:43 AM)

Yes

No

Dont Know

Dont care

We are up and running! To retrieve your password use this link Retrieve password
If you are having problems email me - admin/at/htmljunction/dot/com

I am aware of the pages loading slow and Im working on it.

Advanced Search

All Forums>> Other Games >> Seafaring Games >> Pirates of the Burning Sea - Going Free to Play
[1] 2 3
Author
Topic
Surak_nar
2128 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 10/2/2010
We already have a thread about this game in this section but I thought to open a new one since this MMORPG game is switching business approach and is going to be Free to Play within a couple of Months from now.

This means that everyone can play it, without having to purchase the game or pay a monthly subscription, instead the income for these games is based on micro-transactions which consist of expanding upon the players game possibilities, yet these are voluntary as the player wishes and when the player wishes them, meaning no one is committed to a certain cost, and thus permits companies to still make money and players to have fun in their terms.

The Free to play approach has been gaining much ground in the MMORPG genre as of late and personally I beleive that it will be the way of how this genre will work in the future.

In either case you can read details about it here:

http://www.burningsea.com/page/home

And the Free to Play Devlog announcements here:

http://www.burningsea.com/page/news/article&article_id=271036
http://www.burningsea.com/page/news/article&article_id=271038

Cheers!

Edited on 10/2/2010
IP Address Logged   
- Duke Surak'nar -

Wanderer
1294 Posts

Admin
Landlubber

Posted on 10/2/2010
Was that you who posted over on the LIB page on facebook? I just came over here to see if anyone else had seen that, but you have the post already started. (and who said we don't keep things current over here?). Anyway, I'm off to the links you put up to take a look. If they have cleaned up the game from the disastrous start that they had with it, perhaps its worth a second look. (That and I am finally getting my powerhouse laptop back in about two weeks, complete and up and running again..yahoo!!)
  Edited on 10/2/2010
IP Address Logged   

Scrogdog
2611 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 10/12/2010
I wouldn't go back to PotBS if they paid me to play it.

However, I did find this little gem last week.  I've downloaded it but have not had the chance to play yet.  This is also free to play (with cash shop) and is set in the age of sail.

Just check out how the site describes things.  It looks damn good.

Uncharted Waters Online
  Edited on 10/12/2010
IP Address Logged   
Wanderer
1294 Posts

Admin
Landlubber

Posted on 10/13/2010
Hey Scrog..drop me a line when you get time to get started. I played this as a console game on the super nintendo ages ago and enjoyed it completely. Looking at the site it looks like the same game, only adapted for MMORPG which should be fairly good to play. Soon as I get my laptop back (the good one) I'll be downloading this and checking it out.  (Can you believe the screen I bought to replace the bad one turned out to be bad right out of the box...figures.) Anyway, looks good!!
  Edited on 10/13/2010
IP Address Logged   

Captain Mako
1467 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 10/13/2010
I feel the same, Scrog. I was in the POTBS beta and it was absolutely horrible. I don't know of one person who was in beta that continued playing it when it went live.

I've downloaded UWO and started a character there. Look for me as an English captain. Tried it out a little bit last night after I got it all loaded up and it seems pretty cool. Send me a PM when you are ready to play and I'll send you my in game name. Couldn't get Mako, but got an easy replacement that you guys should recognize quickly. ;)  (Trying to be a little more careful online with this stuff, and especially since we've got some spammers/hackers targeting the Island lately.)
  Edited on 10/13/2010
IP Address Logged   
All Forums>> Other Games >> Seafaring Games >> Pirates of the Burning Sea - Going Free to Play