"Omnia Uno Unus Omnibus"

Do you like this site?
(Open until 9/29/2014 9:35:43 AM)

Yes

No

Dont Know

Dont care

We are up and running! To retrieve your password use this link Retrieve password
If you are having problems email me - admin/at/htmljunction/dot/com

I am aware of the pages loading slow and Im working on it.

Advanced Search

All Forums>> Other Games >> Seafaring Games >> Pirates of the Burning Sea - Going Free to Play
1 2 [3]
Author
Topic
Surak_nar
2128 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 11/13/2010
Thank you Captain Mako,

Really appreciate the feedback on that and I have to say I agree with most of it, and with some other points I do not necessarily disagree it is juts that these do not bother me like the way PvP works in an RvR fashion.

But ultimately the biggest problem I have with it is the way its economy is setup, actually counter to the PvP focus of the game, and then yes the missions/quest oh I felt so constrained as well, locked in a box, and the fact that you have to do so many to level a character what a grind!

Ships are nice but hey we played Pirates! and Sea Dogs, we modded and made ships ourselves for it too, so we are used to the lower poly count, I still play Sea Dogs you know from time to time even with its graphics it just feel right.

No being able to be on your ship however and always fight from 3r person in POTBS doe snot compete with the Combat SD had. A whole diferent world.

It is very odd, you know LIB, and many other Communities here and abroad, from the Sea Dogs days and then newers ones with POTC such as PA! are all considered "it" in terms of being the Fans of this type of game yet POTBS managed to not appeal to any of us....

It is a shame.

And to think that originally POTBS was being designed as a Sandbox, with seamless Sea instead of the abstraction they have now...is even more disappointing.

But anyways, again appreciate the feedback we see eye to eye overall, and this confirms my feelings about it as well. If it were not for the people I met there and Clutch I would not have played it past the closed beta, but eventually I could not play it consistently, and last month I reactivated in anticipation of F2P but it frustrated me because it has not changed a bit.

Anyways, UWO seems from all you talking about it to have captured the spirit we all seek, just looking at the towns it feels so open and spacious, there is a feeling of freedom, which POTBS lacks.

Cheers!
  Edited on 11/13/2010
IP Address Logged   
- Duke Surak'nar -

Scrogdog
2611 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 11/13/2010
For me, it was all that Mako said, and more.

Foremost was the lack of RP environment.  I wanted bar brawls, ship interiors, avatar combat, etc.

It just seemed that the way the game was evolving that would never be a focus.

Now it seems that in UWO that we can "live the life" as it were.  If that makes sense, that was my primary reason for leaving.

Edited on 11/13/2010
IP Address Logged   
Surak_nar
2128 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 11/13/2010
Very Good point yes.

There is very little of that in POTBS, albeit there is RP, it is of a different kind due to the design approach. It feels more mechanical than Organic.
  Edited on 11/13/2010
IP Address Logged   
- Duke Surak'nar -

Gray Beard
553 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 12/16/2010
So are the going to give a refund to all the people who bought the game?
  Edited on 12/16/2010
IP Address Logged   

Gray Beard
Smuggler, Pirate, Man-o-Fortune
All Forums>> Other Games >> Seafaring Games >> Pirates of the Burning Sea - Going Free to Play