"Omnia Uno Unus Omnibus"

Do you like this site?
(Open until 9/29/2014 9:35:43 AM)

Yes

No

Dont Know

Dont care

We are up and running! To retrieve your password use this link Retrieve password
If you are having problems email me - admin/at/htmljunction/dot/com

I am aware of the pages loading slow and Im working on it.

Advanced Search

All Forums>> Other Games >> Everything else >> Mount & Blade Warband
[1] 2 ... 4
Author
Topic
Radek
2809 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 4/1/2010
Yesterday I downloaded, installed and bought this new version of basic game Mount & Blade - Warband. In some way this new game is better but on the other hand it seems to me worser in some ways. Good thing is Warband is installed into different directory than basic game so you can play alternatively both games at your computer - vanilla M&B with all its great mods and this new Warband, which I am doing just now.  ;)

Warband has improved graphic with HDR and antialiasing, some new quests, new map which is larger than former one and new desert fraction. Good thing is that despite of improved graphics my game is working very fast with a high framerate. Bad think is game has new combat movements which I don't like at all. These combat movements are somehow chaotic, unnatural and exaggerated. Some people say I will get used to these  new movements after some time but I doubt it. Another bad thing is new labeling hero's and friendly troops which is realize now with some larger round marks with blazons above heads of troops instead of colored headlines. These old headlines seemed to me much natural and discreet. I am playing only  several hours so far so I don't have complete opinion about this new game yet. So, I will be putting here some new informations in the course of time and hope we will be discussing about this game here.  ;)

Here is a link here with my screenshots from Warband.

M&B Warband
  Edited on 4/1/2010
IP Address Logged   

Scrogdog
2611 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 4/2/2010
Nice screens. :) I see what you mean about the icons above the head... I'm sure that will take some getting used to.

Keep us informed!

It will probably be a little while until I order this myself.  I'm heavily involved with Universal Combat again at the moment, and I just dowloaded Gothic 2 last night which is exactly the type of game I like to take my time with and enjoy... especially the first play through.
  Edited on 4/2/2010
IP Address Logged   
Captain Mako
1465 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 4/2/2010
It will probably be awhile before I upgrade to this version as well, so thanks for sharing, Rad. :)

For the most part I like what I see, though those icons above friendlies' heads will definitely take some time getting used to. I wouldn't doubt that someone makes a mod to get rid of them and change it back. One of the fun things with the old way was it was harder to tell the difference between your soldiers and the enemy. It created the need to dress them certain ways so you knew which were yours from a distance. So much more realistic!

Oh well. That's a pretty minor thing when the graphics look better and it sounds like a good amount of things were added.
  Edited on 4/2/2010
IP Address Logged   
Hosehead
3598 Posts

Admin
Landlubber

Posted on 4/2/2010
Yeah, Rad.  My wife wants to kill you right now, after I told you I found out about Risen from one of your posts....  :)
  Edited on 4/2/2010
IP Address Logged   
Radek
2809 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 4/3/2010
Why, Greg? I don't understand a little. And thank you to all of you for your reactions. I will be trying to inform you somehow further and to replenish some new pictures here. I would like to put directly my screenshots here but it was forbidden to me putting here screenshots with dimesion 1000x625 as it is possible at our native website. This way I would have to lessen them anew at dimension 800x500 and it is first too laborious for me and furthermore these pictures are too small and some details disappear.  ;)
  Edited on 4/3/2010
IP Address Logged   

All Forums>> Other Games >> Everything else >> Mount & Blade Warband