"Omnia Uno Unus Omnibus"

Do you like this site?
(Open until 9/29/2014 9:35:43 AM)

Yes

No

Dont Know

Dont care

We are up and running! To retrieve your password use this link Retrieve password
If you are having problems email me - admin/at/htmljunction/dot/com

I am aware of the pages loading slow and Im working on it.

Advanced Search

All Forums>> Morrowind - Oblivion >> Morrowind - Oblivion Mods >> NEW OBLIVION GAME...Oh,Yes!
1 [2] 3
Author
Topic
Radek
2809 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 11/15/2009
I still don't understand Ben, how the game can entertain you if you voluntarily use cheats. Playing some game, especially RPG game is a challenge for me. I am not any suicide as some my friends are who play every game automatically at hard difficulty, but I always try to avoid cheats if it is possible. Sometime I use some of them but very, very sparsely, for example I used a cheat for receiving some potions for curing vampirism in Oblivion because I hate it and acquiring of this potion is quite difficult and laborious.  ;)
  Edited on 11/15/2009
IP Address Logged   

Hosehead
3598 Posts

Admin
Landlubber

Posted on 11/16/2009
There's different ways to use hints & cheats.  

With some games, I'll do like Ben and read up an entire hint guide to get just a feel for the entire universe of the game -- that helps me get over any worries that I'm missing out on something good because I don't understand the game.  The first GTAIII I did that to get the categories of things to do, and never had to do it again for the sequels.

Alternately, I'll dig out a specific cheat or consult to a forum to help get me through a tough problem -- that sounds more like Rad's style.  I remember the "good old days" before online forums, when I'd be scouring game stores for the hint guides on four or five games where I had got stuck halfway through and couldn't figure out the trick.  Those old adventure games always had a spot that was impossible to get through, and it was a rare event when I'd finish one completely.

Also, if I don't have the time to restart a game two or three times to conquer the learning curve enough to survive, I'll instead read those first few chapters of a game faq that helps me start out on the right track.  I find myself doing that a lot nowadays -- I don't think that this is cheating as much as getting a little sage advice to help out.  Like in the Dragon Age game, I watched those videos on the bonus disc on how to organize a party and even though the concepts are refreshingly familiar, it was good to get a refresher on how to balance things out, get the right buffs for each character, and play the party through a battle.
  Edited on 11/16/2009
IP Address Logged   
Ben Gun
1167 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 11/16/2009
I thinks that how yer life experiences have worked on ye and the time of life ye are in has a lot  to do with these things as well.   I got to say that i ain't got de patience these days to bugger about!   As you say Hose, trying again and again ain't my style no more.   I wants to get straight where I wanna go and beat the shit out of anyone in my way!  That's me today!    (Wish I could do the same in RL most times as well LOL! )  And I'll tell ye what, I sure as hell wish there was a few big 'SAVES' in my life that I could go back and pick up from and that IS a fact!   8)   8)

Wit this game I got 'night eye' so's I don't need a torch and i got 'invisibility' so's no one sees yer if'n yer crouch down as ye move about in de caves.   I got on hell of a bow wit arrows that smash seven shades of shit out of whoever I come across!   Oh, I also 'maxed out' ALL my stats so that I am on top of ALL my classes.    Thats the way I play ALL my games these days!   I leaves de yung-uns like Rad to bugger about wit all this 'challenge' shit!     'E'll be de same when when 'ee gets a few more years on 'is back..I can tell ye!.....Oh, Yes!   :o    :o
  Edited on 11/16/2009
IP Address Logged   

Radek
2809 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 11/17/2009
Never mind Ben, the main thing is you like to play games. A lot of men in our age don't play any games at all already. Fuck, I devoted so many time lately in playing these large RPGs that I have a little bad feelings about myself lately. I ponder I should do some more important works than playing games but I can't help myself.  :P
  Edited on 11/17/2009
IP Address Logged   

Ben Gun
1167 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 11/18/2009
Rad, I is retired 'ere so's I got an excuse eh!    I had my time workin' and I has worked hard in mi time mate.    Got me a steady carry on now and, apart from my general health, things ain't bad fur me here. 

If'n ye is creative, ye could always go in fur making somthing that ye could sell...same as EJ, but that depends how well you are shipmate...eh?  :)  :)
  Edited on 11/18/2009
IP Address Logged   

All Forums>> Morrowind - Oblivion >> Morrowind - Oblivion Mods >> NEW OBLIVION GAME...Oh,Yes!