"Omnia Uno Unus Omnibus"

Do you like this site?
(Open until 9/29/2014 9:35:43 AM)

Yes

No

Dont Know

Dont care

We are up and running! To retrieve your password use this link Retrieve password
If you are having problems email me - admin/at/htmljunction/dot/com

I am aware of the pages loading slow and Im working on it.

Advanced Search

All Forums>> Seadogs >> Info.. >> The Great Sea Dogs
[1] 2 3
Author
Topic
Captain Blood
27 Posts

Landlubber

Posted on 9/26/2009
First, ahoy to all Sea Dogs brotherhood!
Sea Dogs...what a game! I discovered it not until the previous 2008 and when started playin' I was enchanted and amazed, that was exactly what I've searched and liked! For me, it's the game that renders the best the spirit and atmosphere of piracy and romantic sea adventures. It has a unique charm and feeling. Especially the plot and the music are so extraordinary good and captivating. I've also played its sequel-POTC, but Sea Dogs excels it in atmosphere (in my opinion)...I 've played all Sea dogs quests and I'm still replaying them with pleasure :D
It's great so many other people like the game and appreciate its qualities. I'd be proud to be part of your brotherhood ... and forgive my lubber's speech, mateys, I''ll be trying makin 'it more scurvy,damn it! ;)
  Edited on 9/26/2009
IP Address Logged   
H. Barbarossa
2630 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 9/28/2009

Glad to see new Sea Dogs who can appreciate true beauty coming. :) Don't forget to try the latest mods with many new campaigns and quests:

http://www.highnotez.com/hosemerc/

Edited on 9/28/2009
IP Address Logged   
 Hayreddin Barbarossa, aka Mouzafphaerre/Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...
by Ben Gunn
Salty Sam
10 Posts

Landlubber

Posted on 10/9/2009
Yarr! Another buccaneer in the archipelago!  Good to see ya matey, I'm new to the crew myself. Enjoy!

Um, say, Admiral Barbarossa... what is thye story behind that turban?  Do I know her from somewhere?
  Edited on 10/9/2009
IP Address Logged   
Uncle Joe: "Johnny, I see you're dressed as a pirate captain, but where are your buccaneers?"

Johnny: "On the sides of me buckin' head!"
Razor
3 Posts

Landlubber

Posted on 11/17/2009
Hello everybody!
First of all: I am very sorry for my English, I am from Germany.

I am new to the forum and because I searched so long for such a forum, I will tell you my story about Sea Dogs. I didnt want to open a new thread for this:

I bought Sea Dogs in 2001. A that time I was 11 years old and couldnt speak a word English. But I installed the game (without knowing that the whole game is in English) and played it. And: I had much fun! I had good sea battles, I felt the great atmosphere of the game and I learned my first sentences English. But I could only play it a few weeks/months, because I couldnt finish many quests (you have to imagine like that: I saw the dialogs, tried which answer get me to which following dialog und tried on this way to finish as many quests as possible. At the beginning it worked). Than the game couches 8 years in my desk...
At the beginning of this year (2009), Sea Dogs fell me in my hands again. And I thought: Wow, why shouldnt I reinstall the game, this game had great atmosphere and I surely understand most of the dialogs now. So I installed and played it again, and despite the fact that the game was quite old and the graphics werent up-to-date, I finished the game in a few weeks. There werent many games in my long game-playing career, which could impress me so much for a so long time, although it was very old.

I still love the game and just started a new campaign. I searched for a Sea Dogs forum for many weeks and now I am here. I thought, there wasnt any forum which still loves Sea Dogs, but I was wrong. The game has/had a good community and that makes me happy, because I dont like the 3 "sequels". A real sequel could only "Sea Dogs 2" be. That is my target, since I know the "not-so-good" sequels, because they have no character, no charme and no atmosphere. So Sea Dogs is one of the reasons why I want to become a Game Designer.
  Edited on 11/17/2009
IP Address Logged   
Captain Blood
27 Posts

Landlubber

Posted on 11/18/2009
Razor, you're so right.There is something magic in this game, it is so enchanting and you can play it again and again with the same interest! I think the reason fo this is that the game has a very powerful plot, it's like a 19th century novel carrying romantic and original atmosphere...It's so nice there are more people who can appreciate the game and with whom you can share the admiration for SD. I'm also trying to modify the game, using a program called SD Editor and made some new little quests. I must try the Hosehead's mod, you may try it too. Have you played Pirates of the Caribbean (it's Sea Dogs-2, in fact)?
  Edited on 11/18/2009
IP Address Logged   
All Forums>> Seadogs >> Info.. >> The Great Sea Dogs