"Omnia Uno Unus Omnibus"

Do you like this site?
(Open until 9/29/2014 9:35:43 AM)

Yes

No

Dont Know

Dont care

We are up and running! To retrieve your password use this link Retrieve password
If you are having problems email me - admin/at/htmljunction/dot/com

I am aware of the pages loading slow and Im working on it.

Advanced Search

Author
Topic
Dragon
449 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 10/24/2008
It's been awhile since I last posted out of Character...so bare with me. ;)

As I don't have a whole lot of time these days to read up on all the Oblivion topics I shall cut to the chase, and start my own thread.

I presume many have discovered that there's a maximum of Sixty (60) gates that can be found and subsequently closed. Any of you found more?? It's a tough chore to search them out; I've only been able to do it on five different occasions. As there is little left to do in the game after nearly two years, the gate quest is what I find most challenging...Yes I have all the add-ons, and expansions packs to date, even those little rip-off patches that Bethsoft sells on line, they have all worn thin of their excitement, and offer little or no challenge. Still the game is considerable fun chasing down those elusive 60 Oblivion Gates. ;D ;) 8)

P.S. BTW...Greg looks real good, put on some weight, (not a lot, but enough) and appears very rested and stress-free. Guess all that back-porchin is what he needed, damn good to have him back with us all on the continent! ;)

Special Thanks... Great work Ben on the my artwork, exspecially the flag! ;)

Edited on 10/24/2008
IP Address Logged   
Love the Thunder...Live for the Plunder...Life of the Privateer!
Radek
2809 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 10/24/2008
I dont know how many gates there is exactly because I dont count them when I close them but I have a map where are these gates situated.  ;)
  Edited on 10/24/2008
IP Address Logged   

Dragon
449 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 10/24/2008
As you know Rad, one really doesn’t have to keep track, the data page under the F1 tab will keep count. (Located just under the 'Potions Made' listing) As far as the map, they’re 15 to twenty gates that are randomly selected from game to game. I have seen some maps that will give random locations, but they are not always there in every game, sometimes they pop up sometimes they don't. In fact there are three gates that will show their ugly face in hard to reach locations at the exterior edges of the map, yet I have only seen them there a single time never to return again. Still the trick is to have an idea of the possible gate locations in order to find them and close them...so a map is a handle tool.  ;)
As I stated in my opening post, seeking out the optimum gate count and racking up a perfect gate score is what the challenge is all about. Besides each time you close one, you're rep increases by one, and when all is said and done, the highest possible Reputation is also a great achievement. (I believe my best rep score was just over 190) Of coarse if one desires to be an evil rascal, a high rep is quit out of the pitcher, however I never liked that angle...always left me with a bad taste at games end.  :P

Another optimum constant to Oblivion lie in how high one can level up. Because a player character can only increase levels by increasing there Major Skills, (which are 7 selections) a diffident high can be achieved. For instance if one begins a game with Blade points of 40, then by games end a lower level will be achieved than if the player starts out with a Blade points of 25. In order to achieve the maximum game level, one will have to insure all seven Major Sills begin at 25. Following this formula, a player can achieve a grand level of 52.5, at which time all 7 major skill points are 100…nothing more can be achieved beyond this.  8) ;)

These facts are based on the games constants and mathematically possibilities…each and every statement herein have been tested and proven to be true based on my personal best game.  8)

One can play the game Oblivion or one can beat the game Oblivion…I prefer the latter.  :D

Fight the Good Fight, win the perfect game!!!
8) ;)
  Edited on 10/24/2008
IP Address Logged   
Love the Thunder...Live for the Plunder...Life of the Privateer!
Radek
2809 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 10/24/2008
You know I am playing Oblivion about 540 hours, so I think I know something about this game already.  Factually I dont know anybody who would play Oblivion as long as I am playing it. And I even didnt started Shivering Isles yet. But now I have a pause because I am playing something else. Anyway this game seems to me almost endless. If you would want I would have a tip for great mod and if you would want I could send you this map but you probably have it. I hope my computer wont crash. :)
  Edited on 10/24/2008
IP Address Logged   

Eliza Jane
408 Posts

LIB
Landlubber

Posted on 10/24/2008
:) Oh no Rad.
  Edited on 10/24/2008
IP Address Logged